Why Teak is the Best Wood for Outdoor Furniture
Teak outdoor furniture supplement the beauty and elegance of your home garden. Being a natural product, wood is considered to be the best material for constructing garden furniture. Since most timbers are not resistant to adverse weather conditions and insects, utmost care should be taken to stretch their lastingness. Here comes the prominence of teak wood as the ideal wood for making patio furniture. Teak is one of the best, long-lasting and strong materials used for indoor and outdoor furniture. Some of the specialties of teak as the most suitable wood for outdoor furniture, are given below.
1) Teak wood is good-looking, smooth, sturdy and durable.
2) It is resistant to bad weather and insects. A garden bench made of teak is capable of withstanding rain and sunlight for several years even without periodic maintenance.
3) Unlike furniture made of other materials, teak furniture don’t require artificial polishing or oiling.
4) Teak wood is rich with silica and natural oil content that make it resistant to all kinds of insects.
5) Teak is very suitable for structural works and carved designs for its sturdiness, elasticity and ease of use.
6) Teak wood does not get rotted or splintered even if it remains in contact with metals like iron for years due to the presence of silica and oil content.
7) The denseness of teak, together with its other qualities, makes it the favorite wood of shipbuilders throughout the world.
8) Because of its stylish design with clean lines, teak wood stands out among all timbers.
9) Cleaning and maintaining teak furniture is pretty easy.
Although teak wood is immune to heat and humidity and resistant to insects, timely cleaning and maintenance will definitely prolong its life. The high cost and scarcity of teak have slowly given rise to the use of other hardwoods like African oak and mahogany in its place. But none of them matches the quality of teak.